Thursday 12 April 2007

Be Proud of Yourself


 When I was 17, my Korean teacher always said; "So pretty." We had pimpled faces, short hair, and were quote plumped out. Was it beautiful? She thought we were so pretty. and she envied us. I didn't understand her. But now I think the students who are wearing school uniforms are very pretty. Now I understand her. She thinks all students have a individuality and that makes us pretty. There is no absolute standard for beauty. We can't measure beauty, but these days we do try to measure beauty. Height is part of beauty. We can find an advertisement on the internet. 'The tallest of my children who are boys are 185cms tell, girls are 168cms tell.' Isn't it too much the same? Height is a standard these days and diet is essential for women, especially for girls who want a skinny body. Western models have died because of dieting too much, and Celebrities are often dangerously thin. My height is 167cm. Do you know how much I weigh? Answer me. My weight is 57kg. My body mass index is normal, but I want to lose more weight until I am 48kg. If my weight is 48kg, I must gain weight, because 48kg is a low weight for me. When I finished my Korea SAT I tried to lose weight, and I thought about my-self. Check my appearance. 165cm, 57kg, short hair, a face scarred by pimple. I'm not pretty, but look inside me. I like listening to pop-songs and writing letters to my friends. I'm a 20 years old girl who has a dream to tour the world. When I look at the outside of me, I'm so down. But when I look inside myself, I'm so lovely. I am the only one like me in the world. Someone is pretty or someone is ugly, but everyone is different. Isn't this right? What if everyone looked like Julie Roberts and Brad Pitt? I think Jung Jong-choel is more handsome than Brad Pitt. and Kang You-mee is more beautiful than Julie Roberts. Actually When Julie was young, she had a complex about her big mouth because of all the kids around her, so she looked in the mirror and thought 'I am beautiful' every night. That make her strong and beautiful. I think you're so handsome and beautiful. Be proud of your self, and love yourself. That will make you gorgeous. Thank you for your listening.


No comments: